Sunday, June 7, 2009

Beginning of the End

This is it, the time we've been waiting for and taking about and looking forward to since we bought the house...no, no we aren't moving in, we're on summer vacation! Derek and I have been looking forward to it because we can work on the house everyday now as opposed to only once a week. Our progress will be off the charts! We hope. Our goal is to move in by August. The latest is we decided to pay a guy that works for Derek's dad to finish the plumbing in the bathroom for us. It was taking a long time and holding everything else up, plus this guy knows a lot about plumbing and could finish it easily. So we did that and it is all ready. The next step is framing the wall for the closet and the toilet room. Then we have to do the electrical which will be a big job. In the mean time I will be working on getting the office ready (repairing cracks, painting, etc.). There's a guy that Derek plays racquetball with at the gym who offered to help us out with the drywall. Derek's dad has contracted work out to him so we know his work is quality. So we may be able to save a little money there. There is also another guy at the gym who does tile. He told Derek he would do our bathroom.

So I finished student teaching last week. I had a really good experience and feel like God blessed me through that situation. My master teacher was a great teacher and she gave me a lot of freedom and support at the same time. I am not technically done with my credential yet though. I still have to complete a couple of lengthy assignments that are new requirements for the program this year. When I have passed those I will officially be done. I'm not concerned with rushing to get them done because I don't have a job for the fall. The district is in such bad shape that they probably won't be hiring any new teachers. There were two positions in districts that were close by and I did apply for those but 100 people applied for one and over 200 applied for the other. It's a unique time in education. So I will sub next year which is a disappointment but it's steady and offers me a lot of flexibility. We are thankful that I have that option.

In other news, last friday we got a puppy. She's a boxer and we named her Molly. I love dogs and we always said we would get one someday and knew the summer would be the best time so that we would be home to train it and not have to leave it alone all day. I've always wanted a boxer and I happened to see an add in the paper for boxer puppies. Anyway, Derek actually said yes! He knows how much I love dogs and just wanted me to be happy :) She's been really good. She doesn't cry at all at night but does wake up about three times to go to the bathroom. My sleep has definitely suffered this past week, but she's worth it! Anyway it was a big decision for Derek and I. This is something that we will have for another 10 years and limits the freedom we have now. We are excited though and wanted to share her with you :)

The first night we got her she fell asleep with her whole face in my gym shoe.



When she's not sleeping in her crate she sleeps in really funny positions. So much for her bed :)

No comments:

Post a Comment